Anyone can help me to create snow effect of particle system?

Started by
4 comments, last by John Thong 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi there, My name is John Thong from Malaysia and currently I''m doing my Final Year Project about "Particle System". I need to use Visual C++ to create the different effects like fire, explosions, meteors, snow, etc. I had the problem to create a library of snow, have anybody who got the source code of creating snow or other particle effects? I appreciate very much if you can kindly help me in my project. Thanks a lot. My email is crosswinds_01@hotmail.com
John
Advertisement
Check out Nehe''s particle tutorial (lesson 19)

Using some basic cosine and sine functions and fiddling with the speed and height abit you can create fire, snow, fireworks and anything else you can think of (in particle sense)

Check out my own work at

www.lancs.ac.uk/ug/gilleade

All these particle effects were created by manipulating lesson 19
Hi omega_001,

Thanks a lot for your help and your website. Actually I''ve visited many game programming websites but I still got the problems in creating the snow effect. May be I have less expereince in OpenGL programming.

I saw a nice picture in the "Objective Two" page named Partical Engine. Do you have the source code of the particle effect? I hope you can share the codes with me. Thanks a lot!

Once again many thanks for your help.

John
Bloody hell didnt expect any one to look at my gaming system.

I''ll have the source code made available to u tommorow, but this is essentially how it works.

Rather than generating particles from the centre of the screen you position them in circle.

This is done by setting the x axis to the cos(loop) and the z axis to the sin(loop) where loop represents the particle no. so the more particles the more apparent the circle.

My source code will show this although its not commented brillantly.

I''ll also bung in the snow generetor code I made (its not very good but it achieves the effect).
Hello again,

Thanks a lot for your reply and help. You are a very kind person. Yes, please send the code to me tomorrow as I need it urgently. If you have any latest information please inform me, ok?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
John
Hi Omega_001,

How are you? I''ve received your snow effect source code already. Many thanks for your kindness. I have another effect wish to create, that''s about explosions. Do you have any idea or do you have the source codes too? I appreciate very much for your help. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care and bye!
John

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement