Best AI-Type for Game

Started by
2 comments, last by Frank Henry 22 years, 1 month ago
Hi all. I''m building a Space-Game (like Starfleet Command) and would like to ask the following: What would be the best (low expense work wise, greatest results) AI for my game? This is not meant to start a what''s-the-best-AI war. thanks frank
Advertisement
The first thing to do is to sit down and work out the behaviour you like. Then and only then, you can use those requirements to decide what type of AI technique you need.

If you''re done that, then please share it with us. (Besides, I''ve never heard of SFC

My guess is you won''t really need anything fancy (learning/adaptation)... go for Finite State Machines.

Alex

Artificial Intelligence Depot - Maybe it''s not all about graphics...

Join us in Vienna for the nucl.ai Conference 2015, on July 20-22... Don't miss it!

agreed.

but if you want it to be really smart you could use an "adaptive" fsm or fusm (fuzzy) to combine and better utilise behaviors.

Qatal

die or be died...i think
die or be died...i think
I was thinking along the lines of a FSM type (i.e. if my health lower 10% then run like hell) but also with multiple personalities and basic learning (don''t fall for the same trick twice).

would (basic) learning be to hard?
I read la''mothe''s article on NN but didn''t really figure it our

i''ll probably will be loading in the personalities from a dll to make the modifications easyer.

Starfleet Command, released by Interplay, was a Star Trek based game. you where the commanding officer of 1-3 ships, in a pseudo 3-d world. mostly all you did was fight. the AI was very limited.
It would follow you everywhere and only did obstical avoidance.

thanks

frank

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement