• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bslayerw

[java] Game Announcement

This topic is 5994 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

To anyone who is interested: At the end of 2000 while learning to program in Java I created a little game. I thought I''d share it with everyone. http://www.fundi.net/creations/clusterblaster.html

Advertisement
Very cool. Nice and smooth. Love the shaded look of the asteroids. Inspired by Chase Ace 2?

Hey, very nice man! Seems sorta strange to get killed and have -1 ships, but you were definitely right on your page under the shield description:

quote:

s key:engage shields, these last for a short peroid of time and make your interceptor indestuctable (ram em baby!).

Ramming was pretty fun. Though having the shield surrounding the ship I would''ve thought that the asteroids would impact on the shields and not the ship, but that''s just nitpicking. Keep it up!

-pirate_dau

Actually I made the game before I ever saw chase 2, but you are right it does look a little like chase 2. About the shields thingy, thanx for pointing it out. I never really thought of that. It was my first "real" program so I guess I missed a few things. You''ll also notice that there are no alien ships chasing you or any other crap that attacks ever (I got lazy, hence the game is a little unfinished).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!