Directx probelms

Started by
9 comments, last by RedFTiger 22 years, 1 month ago
Im a newbie and just finished writing first directx program. However when i compile it, it says "com interface only supported with fvtable thunks, warnimg com interface attribute directive ignored". Help Will be appreciated Edited by - RedFTiger on February 19, 2002 2:05:00 PM
Advertisement
Can you post error number?
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
If I remember right, you have to add this to your linking string: "-fvtable-thunks". Other than that, I would think it would give you that error thousands of times, so I thought it told you to do that.
The error number is always 31
I guess my first question should have been "What compiler are you using?" If it''s not MSVC, then I''m of no help.

If you are using MSVC, can you post the entire line from the output window?

Also, try this: create a blank Win32 project, and copy your files into it. If your settings are messed up, this might help.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Thanks for the advice but im using Dev-C++. Also ive tried copying already complete code into to my project and still get the same 31 errors. "''Com Interface'' only supported with fvtable-thunks. Warning ''Com Interface'' attribute directive ignored".
I have Dev-C++ but I only use it for viewing c++ files
I use MSVC++ v.6.0 to compile.

David Smith
David Smithwww.geocities.com/gamespp5004-"If you can't dream it; it can't be done"-David Smith
Does any know where i can find a good free C++ Compiler simaliar to Dev-C++. Help would be appreciated

Edited by - RedFTiger on February 20, 2002 9:25:02 PM
1. go to Compiler Options
2. Where it says "Add the following commands when calling compiler" check the box and put -fvtable-thunks then click OK

Edited by - Assassin_X on February 20, 2002 9:36:04 PM
A bullet ends it all!
Are the files you are compiling saved with a .cpp extension or .c extension?

Jim Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement