What's the best FREE c++ compiler for windows?

Started by
21 comments, last by hockeyerke 22 years, 1 month ago
What''s the best FREE c++ compiler for windows?
Advertisement
mingw32. you can get it with a free editor, just do a search on zdnet or somewhere for dev-c++
here is a link to Dev-C++, but i just tried it and they have gone over their DL quote this month...
i use the free borland command-line compiler with VIDE, but it isn''t as "nice and friendly" as dev-c++...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
You can still get Bloodshed if you search for it at www.download.com. I''d say the Borland compiler is a better _Windows_ compiler, though.

The world holds two classes of men -- intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence. Abu''l-Ala-Al-Ma''arri (973-1057; Syrian poet)
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
>> What''s the best FREE c++ compiler for windows?

A STOLEN copy of VC++.

-OOProgrammer

Let the noob-flaming begin!
-----------------------------------"Is the size of project directly proportional to the amount of stupidity to be demonstrated?" -SabreMan
quote:Original post by OOProgrammer
>> What''s the best FREE c++ compiler for windows?

A STOLEN copy of VC++

...Enterprise
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
the best free compiler for win32 in my opinion is borlands free v5.5 compiler. As stated elsewhere here it isn''t user friendly, but it isn''t supposed to be.
It is the saame compiler and libraries as used in the commercial products between Borland C++ 5.0 to Borland C++ Builder 5.0 (the current one).

For the IDE I only use the one with Builder, or command prompt, but I have heard for free ones VIDE is good. I would rather use "edit" though. Have been since it was first introduced.

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
quote:Original post by Dredge-Master
For the IDE I only use the one with Builder, or command prompt, but I have heard for free ones VIDE is good. I would rather use "edit" though. Have been since it was first introduced.

heh heh VIDE is barely more than EDIT (it handles makefiles for you and is MDI)...
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
ok thanks
Dev-C++ or Cygnus Cygwin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement