Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkan_Fireblade

Hi Guys I am Totally New to Direct X

Coutld you guys point me in the right direction or give me some help or something couse i dont know where to start. i do know some C++ and Win32 Programming. plaese Reply (Please please please) Sir Darkan Fireblade

Probably one of the best places to start is with the samples in the DX SDK. Start at the samples\multimedia\Direct3D\tutorials directory for help on graphics. The docs also give some step by step directions to help along.
From there, you might want to pick up some book on DirectX. Check out here and here for reviews on books, as well as links to some resources that''ll help you on your way!

Jim Adams

Screw the books. The best place for information is as stated above, the SDK tutorials, and a tutorial on this very website. Go to Forums, and look for Interactive Hands on Game something or other. With those two things, you can''t go wrong.

--Vic--

I was thinking exactly the same think as I''m doing DirectX in VB. Best thing to do is go to MSDN site and read as much as you can about understanding and using DirectX. The really hard part is understanding how it works and how to set it up once that''s clear in your head the programming will be much easier.