Internet For Linux

Started by
11 comments, last by Vegadam 22 years, 1 month ago
I see the Internet comes on computers these days...
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Cyberdrek

Dude, just tell me you''re not using Inter.net ( formely known as TotalNet and I''ll be happy. I worked for their Tech Support, heck, I was the only one that would help Linux users configure even if I wasn''t supposed to do it ).

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

You can be happy, the 3 ISP are Videotron, Sympatico and RISQ ( the ISP connecting all the universities in Quebec )
You are a brave soul, trying to support Linux users while working for an ISP.
quote:No, it's just that tech. support people are generally stupid...

I beg to differ. I happen to be tech support (gotta pay for all these dev tools, and ... er ... rent and bills, somehow) for a DSL company. I don't support Linux, or even OS X (though it has its own built in PPPoE client and is very easy to set up) because if I do, I get written up and perhaps fired. And as a tech support agent, you have no idea who you are talking to or their skill level. I even had one guy, who said he was MSCE, certified first unplug his monitor, then his printer, then the power, when i asked him to unplug his USB modem. Its bull that I can't support my Linux brethren when they call in, but it's all a liability thing. If I help someone with an unsupported OS, or hardware, or whatever, then they call back in and the next agent says that they can't support OS XYZ, the customer then retorts with "well, so and so helped me last time, why can't you," then I catch the hell.

quote:it looks like their technical support people treat the customers as complete idiots

Well, most of the time the customers ARE complete idiots.

Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.

Edited by - Vikato on February 28, 2002 3:38:19 PM

Edited by - Vikato on February 28, 2002 3:41:13 PM
Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement