Splash particles or animation

Started by
0 comments, last by mbenic 22 years, 1 month ago
I have been trying to set up a decent looking particle effect for when an object hits water (eg, big rock dropped into water). And everything I''ve come up with so far looks totally lousy IMO. I''m basically trying to use large, simple particles, stretched up and generated at the edge of a radius defined by the size of the object. Im NOT trying to do something like the mist that gets kicked up when objects skim the surface (eg car''s wheels in shallow water), thats too light. Anyone got any better ideas here? Keep in mind that I have to watch my poly count, so I cant just simulate zillions of little drops of water. (my current attempt uses about 10-15 particles per effect). --- Matt Benic "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Advertisement
Nice idea! I heard the creators of the movie "Antz" used Stokes equations to get water to ''splash'' in a very realistic way. Honestly, I know Stokes. But I have no idea on how to implement it for such a 3d water effect!

I hope some expert here can tell us??

Pieter (earx)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement