Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Change in axis's

This topic is 5777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i am trying be able to move along the x axis using the arrow keys, along with being able to change your angle of view. But once you have rotated to either side, i can no long strafe (if you will) in the relative direction. Is there a way to fix this so that once i rotate 90 degree''s, i will move along the z axis instead of the x?

I think that there is a tutorial of NeHe''s (I believe it was #10) that went over moving in a world. It uses the math that you''ll need to use in yours (basically sin and cos)

Anyways, away from the main problem

I think Americans call it math instead of maths becuase our concept of what it is. To many of us it is a subject instead of a group of objects, for instance we do math and we do history, not maths and histories. It is almost the same as considering a material or substance. I eat chicken, not chickens. Of course, it is actually a shortened form of ''mathematics,'' which does mean a group of objects. But since in common usage, we don''t think of it as a group of subjects, the shortened version was degraded to ''math''.

I had a little time on my hands (for once) so I just thought I''d give you my useless opinion on the matter.

wow...thats perdy weird...Ya i didn''t feel like doign anything today, so i didn''t even attempt at your problem, sry!

going back to maths, i think your right Squad, lol, i like the word maths better tho, i even said it today, and this kid looked at me weird. Anyways, back to my studies, i got 4 mother fing test 2morrow. Sigh...including a maths test