Change in axis's

Started by
10 comments, last by KrackerJack 22 years, 1 month ago
Hello, i am trying be able to move along the x axis using the arrow keys, along with being able to change your angle of view. But once you have rotated to either side, i can no long strafe (if you will) in the relative direction. Is there a way to fix this so that once i rotate 90 degree''s, i will move along the z axis instead of the x?
Advertisement
One word: Maths

(Bad answer though, since I suck at it)
;-)
i believe it should be math instead of maths. And im bad at it to.
I think that there is a tutorial of NeHe''s (I believe it was #10) that went over moving in a world. It uses the math that you''ll need to use in yours (basically sin and cos)
Im very good at maths, but unfortunatly, i have alot of h.w. tonight. I will work on it after my religion test 2morrow, lol. Hit you back 2morrow, i if i can.
quote:Original post by KrackerJack
i believe it should be math instead of maths. And im bad at it to.

It''s ''math'' if ya in the US.. in the UK and Sweden and the rest of the sane world it''s ''Maths''
really??? omg i just said maths cause it sounded kewl. Hey more info to boggal my friends with *grin*. Just kidding
well it does roll of the tongue better.. maths or math, which has a hard stop... I prefer maths

[edit : must learn to type and include all the words, hehe]

Edited by - _the_phantom_ on February 20, 2002 9:54:08 PM
Anyways, back to the main problem, ya check lesson 10, i think that should help. But like i said, i will work on it 2morrow if i get around to it.
Anyways, away from the main problem

I think Americans call it math instead of maths becuase our concept of what it is. To many of us it is a subject instead of a group of objects, for instance we do math and we do history, not maths and histories. It is almost the same as considering a material or substance. I eat chicken, not chickens. Of course, it is actually a shortened form of ''mathematics,'' which does mean a group of objects. But since in common usage, we don''t think of it as a group of subjects, the shortened version was degraded to ''math''.

I had a little time on my hands (for once) so I just thought I''d give you my useless opinion on the matter.
-------------------------------------------------------BZZZZTT - CRASH - BANG"What was that?!""Captain, it appears that we have encountered a strange sub-space anomaly. I'm getting a high reading of tracheons beams. The anomaly seems to be some kind of rift in the space-time continuum. -- Never mind, Bones was just using the microwave again."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement