Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glTexSubImage2D

This topic is 5773 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I noticed that one part of my code was slowing down and I did some testing. In this code I need to draw a minimap that potentially changes every frame. So, I am filling an array of bytes and using glTexSubImage2D to change a textured quad. This process in itself is slow, but I noticed that I take a farily subtantial hit just calling glTexSubImage2D. I didn't think this was such an expensive operation. Anyway, does anybody know the fastest way to dynamically replace the texture on a quad? Are there faster alternatives to glTexSubImage2D? Abs addition: I just noticed a similar thread on this topic just below this one. Sorry for the repeat. I still think this needs to be discussed more anyway. I am going to experiment a bit more. - I see now that glTexSubImage2D reads from main memory as was discussed and I am sure that is the reason for the performance hit. Edited by - Absolution on February 20, 2002 2:28:08 PM Edited by - Absolution on February 20, 2002 2:38:34 PM