Graphic engine

Started by
1 comment, last by Maduray 22 years, 1 month ago
Well I think you have been asked this question 14973432774 times but let me ask it one more time : (drum rolls please !) What is a graphic engine ? tada ! here u go Well i just wanna know more precisely what it is ? how do you make one ? Isn''t iit like DirectDraw, D3D or OpenGL are these graphic engine ? Thanks for replying (or not because it''s not really a smart question ) Maduray -----** The power of the newbie is within you **-----
-----** (^_^) **-----
Advertisement
There are probably lots of different opinions about what a "graphic engine" is, but my personal view is that it is a block of code which can turn some kind of scene description (like: Snake - 3 blocks long - facing left) into something which the video card can display. D3D, DirectDraw and OpenGL are not graphics engines in my opinion, they are just graphics APIs, which make interfacing with the video card easier.
But as I said, there are probably lots of definitions, this is just mine.

As to how you make one, it depends what you want it to do.

BTW, there is a Search button at the top of the page, if you think something''s been asked before, try searching before posting, in fact, search even if you don''t think the question has been asked before.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
Thank you i''ll search for more info.

Maduray

-----** (^_^) **-----
-----** (^_^) **-----

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement