Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BobBaker92

DXDraw Issue, PLEASE help me

Hi, right now i''m working on a massively multiplayer game using delphiX and custom components, and one of the major problems i''m having, is that i''m creating a windowed game. I''ve got that all working ,but as soon as I say talk with someone over AIM, or tab out of the window. As soon as I go back into the game it doesn''t do anything, it just sits there. Does anyone know how to fix this, like give the focus back to the dxdraw maybe? Thanks for any help I can get. I appreciate it. Also, is there a way to keep the game going even if you are on another window, I was thinking of having more forms pop up for say your inventory, but I need the game to keep running in the background, does anyone know how to do that? I Really appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks, Bobby

I think you either need to set the DXDraw.Options.doFlip to true (this works with full screen apps), or more likely, call DXDraw.Finalize when your app loses focus and DXDraw.Initialize when it gains the focus. I''m not sure though, I always work in full screen.