Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odd bug...could use some help.

This topic is 5775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First, an introduction: I''m writing a world editor for the 3D engine I''m building. There are a number of views, and each view has a toolbar at the top (actually a modeless dialog box). There are four types of views - 3D, Top, Front and Left, and you can change the type of the current view using a drop-down combo box in the view''s toolbar. Whenever you change the view type the toolbar is destroyed and re-created, since different view types have different toolbars. Unfortunately, sometimes when you change the view type, the program crashes in USER.EXE. I''m pretty sure this has to do with the drop-down combo box, because you can also change view types through the menu and this doesn''t seem to cause the crash. The crash results in one of these two messages: WORLDED caused an invalid page fault in module USER.EXE at 0003:00009e46. ... WORLDED caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE at 0004:000059fa. ... I''ve "browsed" through USER.EXE (my bad - I''m frustrated) and the locations given seem (although I might be wrong) to be in the API functions TrackMouseEvent and IsWindowVisible, respectively, neither of which I call in my code. Again, I suspect that naughty drop-down combo box. Rather complex issue, I know. If anyone has heard of something like this before, or has any ideas (regardless of how good they are - I''m desperate) please reply. Thanks for reading! -- Torin