Do you make your own 3D models?

Started by
0 comments, last by Z01 22 years, 1 month ago
I''m working on a demo, and I need a few low polygon tree models. There are lots of tree models on the web that are free to use, but unfortunately, what artists think is low polygon, isn''t 8000 polygons is low polygon, 3000 is extremely low to an artist. I''m looking for models with about 20 to 60 polygons each. haha Should I go ahead, and learn abit about 3dMax and make my own models? I''d rather spend my time working on my demo rather than making artwork. Where do you get your tree models? I''ve seen alot of Flipcode IOtDs with trees in them. Lots of programmers must be artists also, or is there something that I''m missing? Anyways, Thanks in advance for answers
Advertisement
I think it''d be easier to just make your own tree model, you can make a decent one with only a few polygons, depending on the type of tree you want. I am with you when you say that artists have a different perspective of low polygon, that is so true By the way you dont need 3dsMax to make a decent model you could easily make one using MilkShape or some other 30 day thing and export it to a format your program can read

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement