Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hi all, RTS player color questions...

This topic is 5779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know it''s through palette to change the colors of different players. Let''s say the game is going to run under 16 or 24 bit mode, the bitmaps are 256 color with 8 bit palette table, one object with one bitmap and with the standard palette table, all the other 7 colors of the same object need to change the palette dynamically. All my offscreen surfaces should also be 16 or 24 bits right? How to blit those offscreen surfaces to the primary surface with different colors? Must I store all the 8 colors of the same object to 8 different offscreen surfaces? If I made any wrong assumption, just point me out.. Thank you!

Well I dont know about other RTS but Total Annihilation had a different texture for color the side was. Cant go faster than that ^_^. Of course it wasnt much space in that game since it was software rendering, every polygon had a different texture (no state change cost).