Is it possible to load an mp3 into directsound

Started by
10 comments, last by ShCiPwA 22 years, 1 month ago
Is it possible to load an mp3 into directsound? I am useing trent polac''s directsound class and am trying to import an mp3? wavs and mids work but not MP3 Y? Thanx, ShCiPwA ----- ShCiPwA -----
----- ShCiPwA -----
Advertisement
I think i have read somewhere that if you make a wav file that is using the mp3 codec direct sound will decode it before playing. I have never actually tried this though.
#define BLOODY_WORK_THIS_TIME;
Ummm - check out DirectMedia... (I''ve seen a few game engine''s which use that to decode MP3''s)

-------- E y e .Scream Software --------
----------------------------------------
                                  /-\
    http://www.eyescream.cjb.net | * |
                                  \-/
----------------------------------------
You have to use DirectMedia for mp3. I use it for my MP3 class and it works great. You can have it if you want.
Shabaz
DirectShow will handle this easily. Check out the sdk.

Abs
can you send me your mp3 playing class ?
djsteffe@unity.ncsu.edu

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T
shabaz, may you mail me your class?
schiggl@web.de

*jumps on the bandwaggon*

Could I get a copy of that class too plz Cobra@bigwig.net

Thx :D

~Cobra~
"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will have warmth for the rest of his life"
Maybe you should consider using FMOD. - it plays every conceivable sound format (including MP3 and ogg vorbis), it's got loads of cool features and it's amazingly easy. I'm a total C++ newbie yet I managed to get a basic MP3 player working in about ten minutes. If anyone here is planning on doing sound stuff, you've got to look into this.

[edit]Damn thing posted twice.[/edit]
_________
"Maybe this world is another planet''s hell." -- Aldous Huxley

Edited by - Lord FlatHead on February 21, 2002 12:56:49 PM
_________"Maybe this world is another planet''s hell." -- Aldous Huxley
if it''s gonna be free you could always use one of the libarys (fmod or bass) to do it

If it aint then you could also look into Ogg Vorbis as that gives the same sound quality at smaller sizes and is totaly free

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement