Where DO you get 3DS MAX?

Started by
5 comments, last by MrX02 22 years, 1 month ago
Where can you buy it? How much will it cost? Is there anything better out there?
Advertisement
3D Studio Max

google is your friend....

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

Edited by - jenova on February 21, 2002 1:48:06 PM
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
I like 3DS Max R3, personally. I don''t like R4 quite as much (familiarity rules). Some people like Maya more. Others like Lightwave and then finally some like Blender.

3DS Max is expensive (about $2500 last I checked) unless you get a student version for around $800-$900 (last I checked), but then you cannot use it for anything commercial and you must have student ID.

As for where you can buy it... I concur with jenova; use a search engine. I''ve never found it retail in a store. From my experience you must order it online and I know you can do this from Discreet.com. There are probably some other places. For the student version, try journeyed.com

Good luck

Charles Galyon
Charles GalyonPresidentNeoPong Software, Inc.
You can get gmax for free. It''s at discreet''s page.
yep, you can get the gmax = 3dsmax lite for free.

in any case, Maya is the best, tough is "quite" expensive.

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
$2500! That''s expensive. I''ll try gmax out instead. Also, are you sure that no store (like BestBuy, Staples, OfficeMax, etc) sells 3DS MAX, or the student version?
Yea sure ... I bought my version. I swear. NOOOO, not the police.

"If patience is a virtue, and ignorance is bliss, you can have a pretty good life if you''re stupid and willing to wait"
"If patience is a virtue, and ignorance is bliss, you can have a pretty good life if you're stupid and willing to wait"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement