DirectX on NT

Started by
4 comments, last by giant 22 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I have written a few small games using DX7. Some people want to see them however the only type of computer I have access to at work has NT4 installed on it. I went to Microsofts site, to download DX7, however none of them were describes for use with NT. Does it matter which one I install, or do I need an NT specific version. Thanks Giant "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I''m not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein
Advertisement
WinNT 4.0 supports up to DirectX 3.0.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
The only way to get DirectX on NT is to download a service pack (lastest is 6a), I''m not sure what version of DirectX is in 6a, check microsofts site.
I had the same situation at work... My (and your) only option is to upgrade to win2k. Microsoft will not release service pack 7 for NT, so we''re out of luck.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who get binary, and those who don't...
and i''ll say it again. WinNT 4.0 support up to DirectX 3.0a.

if you don''t believe me then maybe straight from the horses mouth....
Microsoft''s Support site

Thanks for yere help. Thought as much, but had to make sure.
Just looked through my settings.

I have NT 4, Service pack 6, and DirectX 4.04 is installed.
Pretty useless, but never mind. I''ll go and annoy IT Support about putting Win 2000 on my Machine.

Thanks again
Giant

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I''m not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement