Internal error: BC1949

Started by
4 comments, last by MarkyD 22 years, 1 month ago
I've just been working in Delphi(4) like I usually do, and suddenly this "Internal error: BC1949" just popped up in the compiler messages. I looked on the help file, and got this...
quote:Description You should never get this error message - it means there is a programming error in the compiler. If you do, please call Inprise Tech Support and let us know the ErrorCode (e.g. "C1196") that appears in the error message. This will give us a rough indication what went wrong. It is even more helpful if you can give us an example program that produces this message.
I've had a look around http://www.inprise.com/, but all that has done is confuse me with it's Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc support services (all of which -I think- are completely useless to my problem.) I've uploaded my project here, if anyone wants to try it out for themselves. (I am aware the code is crap - I've just started this project and was in the middle of rewriting it.) So, urm, what do I do? Edited by - MarkyD on February 21, 2002 2:24:19 PM
Advertisement
I cannot reproduce the compiler error in Delphi 6 Personal. It only showed two hints about unused variables.
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Internal errors :/

When you get them do a FULL re-biuld of your project. If that fails, try restarting the IDE. Then if that fails undo that last changes till it compiles properly

These steps work for me, I''ve only had to use the 3rd step once so far
I don''t know if this is the same error, but I occasionally get a similar error message with the Delphi4 IDE, when I write a line of code that is wider than the window, and the autocomplete popup tooltip tries to popup off the left edge of the screen (ie, at the start of the line of code).
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
The weird thing about this is that I don't get this error when I load my project and build it or anything. It will just magically appear after 1 or 2 hours of leaving it open, yet when I leave 1 of my other projects open, everythings fine. It has happened several times before, and all I have done is ignored it, hoping that it would go away.

Might be clever to point out that I did have problems when installing Delphi. The disk was getting on a bit and it took several installs to get it working, and even then it was with a damaged VCL40.dcp file (which I ended up transferring over from my old computer.) Whether one of the other files is damaged I don't know, and I'm not keen on trying installing it again because I doubt my disk is going to get any better, and it will, knowing my luck, wipe over all of the good files with crap.

Edited by - MarkyD on February 22, 2002 10:41:04 AM
I get a similar problem with Builder (again after a couple of hours use) where it comes up with ether error like you mentioned or errors compiling it''s own code (ie the standard code they use for initializing forms etc).

Reboot normally works for me **sigh**

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement