FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE HELP!!!

Started by
14 comments, last by RedFTiger 22 years, 1 month ago
Soory for putting this up twice but Everytime i compile my code, and run it, i get an illegal operation. Ive tried everything i could thing of but it didn't help. Please Help!! Edited by - RedFTiger on February 21, 2002 7:46:27 PM
Advertisement
It''s hard to help when you don''t give any useful information about your problem...

First off, did you run your program under a debugger?
What does it do?
Are there any error messages?

Just saying "Please help" won''t get you far, if you say nothing about your particular situation.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Well Im using Dev-C++. Anyway, when i make my window, it runs fine, but when i call the DirectdrawCreateEx() function, my program makes and illegal operation. Ive tried compiling examples from the sdk using Dev-C++ and i get the same results.

Edited by - RedFTiger on February 21, 2002 9:11:32 PM
This could be because:

* Your video card drivers need updating (to DX compatible ones)
* Your Dev C++ build files are corrupt - try re-installing them.
* Your RAM fails at certain addresses - boot of a boot disk and test the memory with himem.
* U need updated Dev C++ DirectX files.

Downloads, Free GoldLib game library, D3DXSprite tutorial, New platform game: .-= The ZeroOne Realm =-.

quote:Original post by Anarchi
This could be because:

* Your video card drivers need updating (to DX compatible ones)
* Your Dev C++ build files are corrupt - try re-installing them.
* Your RAM fails at certain addresses - boot of a boot disk and test the memory with himem.
* U need updated Dev C++ DirectX files.

Or he could be just doing something wrong in the function.

Secondly maybe you should try Borland C++ builder(the free one). A good IDE for it is at www.objectcentral.com

Edited by - flame_warrior on February 21, 2002 10:13:45 PM
Hello from my world
I have tried everything you have mentioned and it still makes an illegal operation when directdraw is called.
NULL Pointer perhaps? Thos cause problems...

-----------------------------
Damnit Dave, I would have a link to Graphics Wars here, but you haven''t put it up on GDNet yet!

The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.

Democracy is where you say what you want and do what you''re told.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
If it still doesnt work then I suggest u start fresh with DirectDraw7 and maybe even use classes to organise your code more - download the DX7SDK and use the code from the DDraw7 samples.

Otherwise send me the code again as a zipped attachment and ill find the problem.

NSZeroOne@Hotmail.com

Downloads, D3DXSprite tutorial, New platform game: .-= The ZeroOne Realm =-.

Downloads, Free GoldLib game library, D3DXSprite tutorial, New platform game: .-= The ZeroOne Realm =-.

NULL pointer is often the cause.

Oli

All the best problems start with C

.:: K o s m o s E n g i n e ::.
NULL pointers are a one-way ticket to Segfaultland.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement