• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alexandre Brien

OpenGL just finished my very first opengl game, looking for feedback

This topic is 5994 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Tried it but it wouldnt run. Gave a message box with this error.

Error Starting Program
A required .DLL file, GLUT32.DLL was not found.

I guess I dont have it set up on my system...

Guest Anonymous Poster
I recieved the same error.

lol thats bad feedback, no problem was kinda expecting it, the glut error is I think because your missing glut from your pc and my program uses it.

Dunno on my pc everything runs fine I get 75 frame per second, I guess my pong game runs shitty on lower end pc there is some serious tweaking to be done, since its only a freaking pong game in 2d =P

Hehe, I think the game is a bit ''problematic'' when vsync is turned off... I get around 850 fps, and the ball is so fast, that the game is over after two seconds...

But if I switch on vsync, everything is OK. I get 120 FPS, the ball animation is very smooth, seems to work fine. I just didn''t have a second human player to test, and playing with two hands is somewhat cumbersome... What about a computer player ?

Good work !

Guest Anonymous Poster
the ball is fast, i got the glut32 error at first but i placed the dlls from sgi on the dir.

if i place those files on my vc++ lib/header dirs(to update) will all opengl progs that are compile work? old and new

stupid quetion but im a real newb

It''s a safe bet everyone will have OpenGL32.dll and GLU32.dll, but many people don''t have GLUT32.dll so it''s important to mention that your game needs it.

~CGameProgrammer( );

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!