Development Platform

Started by
1 comment, last by Gf11speed 22 years, 1 month ago
What do you think is the best overall platform for programming and why: Windows 2000 Pro, or Windows XP Corporate Edition? Thanks. *====================* http://www.syntasoft.com *=======================*
Greg FieldsSyntasoft Gameswww.syntasoft.comPost-Time Horse Racing (Available Now)
Advertisement
Uhh... Linux, because it wont crash, its free, and all the development tools are free. Plus it can cross-compile for windows. Flame away.

It is foolish for a wise man to be silent, but wise for a fool.

Matthew
WebMaster
www.Matt-Land.com

All your Xbox base are belong to Nintendo.
All your GameDev.net base are belong to Myopic Rhino
It is foolish for a wise man to be silent, but wise for a fool.
LINUX Micro$hit Sucks Ass!!!! =)

na now being serious.... although I''m defanetly bias... I''m also realistic... right now if your serious about writing games for money... then I''d go with some Windows Version... thats where the big market is... linux is realy catching on now... but its still mostly confined to corp. servers... not to many games played on them =)... maybe in a few years linux could be a real alternative for games but like I said right now its only used by servers and hardcore computer nerds =)

Wink2k or XP? hard to say realy... I''ve only had a little experience with XP so... 2K is actualy fairly stable =)... XP is basicaly 2K with a facelift =) so its mostly the same... but like I was saying go with what you plan on releasing your game on (or at least where you expect the most sells to come from) scence 2K is mostly for enterpirse go with XP its the new kid on the block... and everyone is going to him... so... XP in my opinion.... is your a brainwashed Bill goupie =)
The Great Milenko"Don't stick a pretzel up your ass, it might get stuck in there.""Computer Programming is findding the right wrench to hammer in the correct screw."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement