Problems with NeHe Article 1

Started by
4 comments, last by Jederas Helios 22 years, 1 month ago
I''ve been messing around with the code from the Article about Loading in Truespace files. I''m having two problems though, first off, I can''t seem to load anything more complex than a generic plane, second off, I can''t display any of the vertex information. When I try, the program crashes and debug says the vertex parameters (x,y,z) cannot be evaluated. Anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
Glad everyone''s so willing to help
Did you change the code at all?

I''m not much of a help (haven''t read that tutorial) but if you want some help from people who are, I think you should add more details.
> Glad everyone''s so willing to help

The problem is, that your explanation does not include any of the informations needed to at least have an idea of what it could be. From what you said, it could just be anything. Giving an advice would be nothing but poking around in the dark. You need to supply a lot more details about what you did, how you did it and what you want it to do, along with some source if you modified anything.
Ok, I used the code as is, including the example program (which demonstrates that is works). I added this line to the example program: cout << (*i)->m_pVertices[0].x << "\n";
In theory, this should display the x value of the first vertex in the array. It doesn''t, the program crashes at that point. In debug mode it states that the vertex information cannot be evaluated. What I eventually want to do with this is load in everything from terrain, buildings, models, etc. and display them using opengl.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement