Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tac-Tics

DirectX and Linking and stuff

Despite the great things I have been able to accomplish in Java, I''m what you might call a supernoob when it comes to more advanced topics in C++. I''m using Borland''s compiler and it seems nice, but I can''t figure out how to get DirectX to work on it for the life of me. I tried downloading the Borland-able DX files at http://www.geocities.com/foetsch/ but I still can''t figure things out. First off, I don''t know where to put everything. I figured the libraries and DLLs go in library folder and the c_dinput.h goes in the Include folder... but that''s about all. I tried the tutorials on the "Hands-on Interactive Games Tutorial" forum, but it seems I''m short a few header files and I don''t know how to link up libraries to my cpp files and I''m confused as to where to go from there. If anyone could help me out with my problem, I''d really appriciate it and I promise to hide many easter eggs in all my games dedicated to thanking you =-P "I''''m not evil... I just use the power of good in evil ways."

It doesn''t REALLY matter where you put them. Just go to project->options->directories and make sure you add the path to the libs in the lib part, headers in the header part etc. Have you got the DirectX SDK? You''ll need that too for the DirectX headers.

Neil

(PS if you get DXSDK you''ll have problems with the files you''ve downloaded as they are for DX8 and you''ll probably download DX8.1)

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!