A few FREE models for ya...

Started by
2 comments, last by Psionic Artist 22 years, 1 month ago
Heres a couple of very low poly characters I did a few months ago, skinned and animated, you can download ''em off my 3d game resources site, including the Milkshape3d files, They were made for blitz basic 3d but I''m sure you guys around here can find a use for em as well, FREE to use however you like 3D GAME RESOURCES
Advertisement
I can model not too badly in Milkshape, I just can''t skin worth a darn!

Moe''s Site
Break your model into groups in milkshape, use Lithunwrap to lay it all out as a skin, export it and paint it (find Lithunwrap using www.google.com) its FREE

3D GAME RESOURCES
I don''t have a problem breaking the model apart, I have a problem making the actual textures. I guess I can''t draw very well. What I am doing know is taking a screenshot of the texture view of the model, copying that into paint, and cut away all the stuff I don''t need. I make the texture a nice size (usually 512x512). I open up PaintShop Pro and turn it into a .psp format. I create a new raster layer and fade the new layer out a bit. That way I can see the wireframe and make sure I color inside the lines. When I am done the texture I will covert it back to a .bmp (or some other format) and apply it to the model. I sort of picked this up from your tutorial on how to make those buildings.

Moe''s Site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement