nvidia opengl sdk

Started by
8 comments, last by flame_warrior 22 years, 1 month ago
Hey, I am trying to download the nvidia''s opengl sdk - but well their server seems soooo slow. Anyone have an idea whats in that SDK that it 60mb and also is there a faster server where I could find the nvidia opengl sdk. Thank you.
Hello from my world
Advertisement
hello,

i only know their server for downlaod the SDK. i donwload it with adsl, so it wasn''t so slow.
in it, you''ve got demos, sources: utilities to programm with opengl and optimize for nvidia.
if you''re a windows user, that may help you. But i don''t use it anymore. there is a file to input 3DS format and to use it...

good luck,

Fratt
quote:Original post by Fratt
hello,

i only know their server for downlaod the SDK. i donwload it with adsl, so it wasn''t so slow.
in it, you''ve got demos, sources: utilities to programm with opengl and optimize for nvidia.
if you''re a windows user, that may help you. But i don''t use it anymore. there is a file to input 3DS format and to use it...

good luck,

Fratt

Hey Fratt - does it have the opengl.lib, glu.lib for version 1.2 or 1.3 ?? Also is there a cd option ? Maybe I could request them for one. Well I am on a 56k and the site refuses to even set up a connection quickly leave alone downloading the damn thing.

Thank you

Hello from my world
It must have Opengl32.lib and GLU32.lib because it''s an opengl sdk and these lib are part of opengl.

what do you mean for cd option ? include this package into a cdrom ? don''t know. try on the night, would have a better connectivity.
There are no new opengl32.lib file in the SDK. I fact, they shouldn''t even ship one. NVIDIA is not responsible for providing newer versions for Windows, Microsoft are.
MS aren''t supporting OpenGL.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
quote:Original post by Brother Bob
There are no new opengl32.lib file in the SDK. I fact, they shouldn''t even ship one. NVIDIA is not responsible for providing newer versions for Windows, Microsoft are.

Ok - it definitely doesn''t have those 2 libs(it also seems to miss gl.h and glu.h which are in nvtoolkit.zip i think) nor does MS site seem to have it(it only has 1.1). I got borland libs using implib to convert the dll''s. Now my only problem will be solved if I can figure out how to convert dlls for vc++.

Thank you.

Hello from my world

There are no new opengl32.lib file in the SDK. I fact, they shouldn''t even ship one. NVIDIA is not responsible for providing newer versions for Windows, Microsoft are

doesnt each vendor provide a complete implementation of opengl in thier drivers and then when you link a program to the ms opengl libraries it knows which one to use so its works with your video card?
>>doesnt each vendor provide a complete implementation of opengl in thier drivers<<

i can only speak from nvidia drivers but all 1.1->1.3 is supported in the drivers on all cards, including tnt1''s ( though maybe not the riva128) if the hardware cant do it then the feature will be done in software by the nvoglnt.dll driver (ie opengl32.dll is not used)

http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html
quote:Original post by python_regious
MS aren''t supporting OpenGL.

Last I checked M$ was still part of the ARB for OGL so they really should support OGL, but as ya say, dont

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement