Visual C++ 6 Pro and XP

Started by
5 comments, last by Vikato 22 years, 1 month ago
I''m about to install Visual C++ 6.0 Pro and Service Pack 5 on a Windows XP Pro machine. Is there anything I need to know or look out for prior to installation? Thanks for any assistance. Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.
Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.
Advertisement
Don''t forget the VC++ processor pack.
3d kid
I also had to install the service pack because the linker didn''t work under XP... as far as I know there is nothing to worry about. Just install it and you are finished.

There is one problem you can have however if you want to install the MSDN... it sometimes gives some strange error that it can''t install because my diskspace is low (and I have 52GIG free). This problem can be solved by copying crap on your disk until you have less than 8GIG free... then reboot the pc and try to install again... that seems to work for me.

Email: e.j.folkertsma@student.utwente.nl
OK, I''ve got this bizzatch installed, along with the SP5 and PP. I noticed a ''Windows NT Symbols Setup'' in my program group (which supposedly is needed for debugging), but when I try to run it, it says ''Some of the symbol files could not be located in the input directory. Do you want to continue?''. My question is, should I answer yes to this?

Thanks for the replys btw.

Any ideas on this ''Windows NT Symbols Setup''?

What is the VC++ Processor Pack? Where do you get it?
I don't have a signature
You can get the processor pack from microsoft. I have installed it and it should speed some things up. :-)

I thougt it was on the same page as the servicepack download

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement