• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game programming

This topic is 5930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well I guess I´ve learned the basics of C++ and I know a fair bit abour Vb (since I study it in school). Still I think learning game programming is prolly the hardest thing I´ve ever done. First of all, all the literature is in english, which confuses me some time since I´m from Sweden. Don´t saying I have a hard time reading most of it, but sometimes advanced english words are used that I don´t understad (and with my luck it´s those keywords that would ease up the rest of the chapter). Now atleast I´ve bought "Programming RPG with DX" and "Special effects game programming in DX" for about 120$. I guess I will start out with RPG programming and then move into special effeccts. Why am I babbling on about books? Well, I have one problem. I absolutely can´t read and learn. I need someone to guide me through every step on the way or suddenly my brain explodes and I can´t go on. So to solve that problem I´ve made a schedule. I will read about 20-30 pages/day so I don´t fill myself up with to much info at one time. Gaaah, thanks for reading.....guess it was quite boring but if you feel the same way then, post a reply. Bye for now! <>

Advertisement
As long as your willing to learn and are dedicated then you will succeed!

If you need some help with Visual BASIC i can help you, but my C++ knowledge is a bit limited, im getting there but its not enough to be able to help someone, but if you have a question dont hesitate to ask, someone''ll know the answer.

Good luck and most importantly have fun!

Reading a few pages every day or so is the best way to learn. Most people remember things much better when they learn them gradually over a long period of time rather than if they try to cram a lot of information into their heads in a short time.

Why does everyone want to do an RPG? The sheer amount of story required usually dwarfs actualy game development. . . Sigh.

quote:
Original post by acw83
Why does everyone want to do an RPG? The sheer amount of story required usually dwarfs actualy game development. . . Sigh.

Because everyone has a great idea for an RPG and wants to implement it. Besides, we''re all nerds here.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!