• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pong Question

This topic is 5901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am programming my first game and am having a little troublw with finding out how to make the paddles on the sides. I am trying to alter the code for frakout that is in the beggining of tricks of windows gurus. Also how do you make the ball move sideways. Thanks

Advertisement
Not to sound trite, but you sound like you are unfamiliar with basic programming concepts. As for your questions:

I don''t know anything about his frakout game, but paddles would consist of rectangles, I think. As far as moveing the ball. Suppose the ball''s position is stored in int x. To move right, you say x = x + 1 (or x++), and to move left, you say x = x - 1 (x--). Of course, that''s the most basic way to do it.

If someone tells you how to move the ball there will be no fun left for you in code a pong game... try to think hard about it and come up with a solution....

I know I push this library a lot, but I love it... Check out CDX. It''s a nice 2D library made for DirectX 7. One of the examples is a simple pong game that I wrote. It''s got some very nice examples, and mailing list support group to end all support You can find it at http://cdx.sourceforge.net/

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.

thanks. Thanks to your replies, I have decided to use all my own source and not copy and paste anyone elses. I have comleted the gameplay and now all I need to make is a title screen and instructions. for my next game, I am going to make a breakout clone. The only problem is, I dont know how to make a level editor. . . does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or other sources with tips on making one??
Thanks

• Advertisement