• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krez

anyone ever actually FINISH an RPG?

This topic is 6081 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

it seems that many many people here are "working on their RPG" (just as i am), and i am curious if any of you people ever actually finished one? i didn''t see many in the GDNet showcase, and i saw NO completed ones. --- krez (krezisback@aol.com)

Advertisement
yup, i agree.

I dont think people even expect to finish there games, it''s all about the learning, so that next time they can do it quicker.

that''s sorta how i saw it... but i figured someone must have actually finished before!
i wonder if i am diluded in thinking that i will finish mine...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)

The thought of not finishing mine has not came to my mind either so at least you're not alone

I think Terran by Aeon Software (no relation at all with my project) seems to have fairly complete engine, but the story was kind of short (not finished) last time I checked, I am getting the feeling that It will take me more time developing the story than its taking me to finish the engine.

Edited by - kwizatz on February 22, 2002 8:58:35 PM

quote:
Original post by krez
it seems that many many people here are "working on their RPG" (just as i am), and i am curious if any of you people ever actually finished one? i didn''t see many in the GDNet showcase, and i saw NO completed ones.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)

I did finish one, back when I was in secondary 4. the worst part is, it was made in QuickBasic. Back in those days, DOS was still popular though... But we did finish it, we were a small team of 3 programmers and one GFX artist.

We never released it though, heck, I''m not even sure if I still have it.

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

It takes evil black magic to complete an RPG...

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That''s where we come in; we''re computer professionals. We cause accidents."
-Nathaniel Borenstein

I completed one, for my senior project. It was very similar to the original Dragon Warrior. It was for the Cybkio, so it was relatively simple, but people who played it almost always declared it the best third party game for the Cybiko.

I completed my clone of Bards Tale in C back when i had my Amiga, but then again, it was just a replica

But as the rest of you, i got tons of docs and sources which are supposed to become a complete rpg in the end. Ofcourse that will never happen, but the fun lies in just messing with the code and "designing" skill- and battle-engine. So far i have a texture-less fftactics-ish 3d engine in which i can issue move commands to characters.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!