• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dolphin_Cube

Is there a better way to do skyboxes?

This topic is 6016 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I''m working on a little game, and I''m using a skybox and it looks pretty distorted. So, is there a way to distort or warp a texture so it will look better on a skybox? /* Nintendo Gamecube * * Quote of the week: * "This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We''''re making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." * George W. Bush, */

Advertisement
Did you make the skybox w/ perspective correct images? Like from Terragen?

Have you tried a skydome/semisphere?

Or even a plane? Depending on your 3d world it may be adequate, I think UnReal used them w/ scrolling textures and a skybox.

My current app I play w/ has a starfield, skybox and cloud planes

zin

zintel.com - 3d graphics & more or less

http://www.gametutorials.com/Tutorials/OpenGL/OpenGL_Pg2.htm

i think this might help.. have a look at the 5th article... Labeled... yep you guessed it.. "Skybox"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!