• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jRaskell

Unable to compile

This topic is 6018 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I get the following compile errors in dinput.h when it''s included in any project I attempt to build using VC++5.0 and DX8.1. Is it possible to use DX8.1 with VC++5.0? This project built fine with DX7, but gets errors in the DX header files.

Advertisement
Doh, that was stupid...

c:\DXSDK\INCLUDE\dinput.h: DIRECTINPUT_VERSION undefined. Defaulting to version 0x0800
c:\DXSDK\INCLUDE\dinput.h(646) : error C2501: ''UINT_PTR'' : missing decl-specifiers
c:\DXSDK\INCLUDE\dinput.h(646) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''uAppData''
c:\DXSDK\INCLUDE\dinput.h(646) : error C2501: ''uAppData'' : missing decl-specifiers

Those are the first few errors. There were a bunch of others, but they were repetitions of these at different locations in the header file.

If I define it as 0x0700 I get the following compile error...

c:\DXSDK\INCLUDE\dinput.h(146) : fatal error C1017: invalid integer constant expression

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!