• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Myopic Rhino

OpenGL I need someone who knows their OpenGL

This topic is 6137 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m writing an article for a Gems-type of book. My article focuses on the OpenGL extension mechanism, and how it relates to OpenGL 1.2 and 1.3. I''m fairly confident that most of what I''ve written is correct (I''ve spent a considerable amount of time researching and experimenting), but I''m anal and I want to make sure that there aren''t any errors or misleading statements. What I need is someone who really understands the details of extensions who is willing to read over the article and point out any errors to me. It''s only about 20 pages long, so it won''t take a lot of time, but I need to submit it by Monday. If you''re interested and think you''re qualified, post here or e-mail me.

Advertisement
I''ve done some extensive reasearch in the domain of extensions myself in the last months, to evaluate the use of certain extensions for our current title. I would be happy to take a look at your document, if that''s OK for you. I have some very good contacts with nVidia and ATi, so if there is any doubt, I could check it back at the source.

From personal experience, I know that it can be very hard to write an article in a clear, non-misleading way. Other people might definitely spot problems, that the author himself isn''t aware of.

A.H aka Blueshift

Likewise, I''d be happy to take a look. I''ve a reasonable amount of experience with extensions on nvidia, ati and 3dfx.

BTW - this may be relevant or not - I used to proof read technical articles.

Im next to clueless about extensions, which is why i need your article. I could possibly understand them!

-----------------------------
Damnit Dave, I would have a link to Graphics Wars here, but you haven''t put it up on GDNet yet!
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.

Democracy is where you say what you want and do what you''re told.

Okay, Blueshift and Shag, I''ll e-mail each of you a copy of the article later on today. I need to finish up a few things first.

Promit: As soon as I''m done with this, I''ll finish up your article.

Okee dokee, but thats in my sig, not my post. and im not taking it off until I can actually put a link in its place.

PS Please go to the "Your Announcements" forum and lock the thread on Bin Laden.

-----------------------------
Damnit Dave, I would have a link to Graphics Wars here, but you haven''t put it up on GDNet yet!

The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.

Democracy is where you say what you want and do what you''re told.

quote:
Original post by Promit
PS Please go to the "Your Announcements" forum and lock the thread on Bin Laden.

The person, Jesse Pertella, made a new member name. It''s JP- and he''s posting his garbage all over the place (earlier, the Game Design forum, now, The Lounge and Your Announcements).

Dave, something really needs to be done about this guy.

------------------------------
Simple DirectMedia Layer:

Main Site - (www.libsdl.org)
Cone3D Tutorials- (cone3D.gamedev.net)
GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Main Site - (www.opengl.org)
NeHe Tutorials - (nehe.gamedev.net)
Online Books - (Red Book) (Blue Book)

The person who made the post Promit asked Dave to close was Jesse Pertello (something like that, I know his initial were JP). He posted a link to a "kill Osama Bin Laden" game.

Now, that is closed and a member named "JP-" is posting the same stuff:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=81871
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=81872

Earlier, he posted in the game design forum but I think Oluseyi caught him and deleted the thread. These two are only going to result in the same way the one you closed did, Dave.

------------------------------
Simple DirectMedia Layer:

Main Site - (www.libsdl.org)
Cone3D Tutorials- (cone3D.gamedev.net)
GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Main Site - (www.opengl.org)
NeHe Tutorials - (nehe.gamedev.net)
Online Books - (Red Book) (Blue Book)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!