• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sam_sam83

Really need help, please reply.

This topic is 6085 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently moved from win98 to 2000 So I installed visual C++ 6.0, the service pack 5 Opened up a project that I had been working on in win98, and everytime I run it in debug mode, I keep hitting a user breakpoint in NTDLL How do I stop this? Thanks

Advertisement
If it''s a first-chance exception that gets handled by the operating system, you can safely ignore it.

If it''s not, create a new project with empty main and see if it hits the breakpoint. If it doesn''t, then the project you are working on may have a bug in constructor of some global/static object.

There are no global/static objects and its still hitting the breakpoint.
It''s occuring on every project I''ve tried, new and old.
Its in NTDLL at 0x77fa018c
Help?
It''s kind of annoying that it keeps stopping there

Ok, sorry for assuming it was your fault. If it crashes out in an empty program, then I reckon your install is messed up, somehow. As IndirectX says, there are often ''first-chance exceptions'' that happen as a program is being run, but it shouldn''t halt execution for these. You might want to check the exceptions window (which you can only see from debug mode, I believe) and ensure it isn''t set to "stop on all exceptions" or something like that. I''m just speculating here though.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!