• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outline fonts have wrong colour

This topic is 5931 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there! I got trouble with the outline font code from NeHe''s tutorial. I packed the thing into a class wrapper (I''m pretty sure nothing went wrong with that), and am now trying to use it in a game. However, the writing appears semi-transparent and in a pit ugly red. Before setting up the display lists and before calling the glPrint() function, I call glColor4f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0). No response. At least the transparency disappears if I disable blending, but I need it, so that''s no solution. WTH is going on? Where does that colour, which I don''t ever use in my code, come from? Please help. -------------------------- Death from the shadows.

Advertisement
try going back to the nehe tut, compile that WITHOUT any changes. does it work properly? try changing colours... still works? ok, then do the class wrapper again, and compile every step of the way. trust me, the computer is NEVER wrong, it''s u makes the mistake... no matter HOW SURE u are that u haven''t. trust me...

hope that helps...

thanks,
shurcool

I know the computer doesn''t make mistakes, but Id wouldn''t exactly say the same about Windows or the graphics driver

--------------------------
Death from the shadows.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!