• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rickmeister

Cards

This topic is 6136 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have now completed my hardcore-action solitaire game (don''t laugh..) but as I am totally useless on drawing computer graphics I have been scanning the internet for some days trying to find a deck of cards that look atleast a little bit better then my home-made ASCII-style graphics (it really is UGLY!). Someone told me to scan a deck of cards, but that''s not an option. I think that some sort of "man-made" graphics is better looking (atleast if someone else than me draw them.) So, I''m not asking YOU to draw me a complete set of standard Poker-cards, but if someone could tell me if they know of any, free to use, online resources I would become very,very happy... Coding is easy - All it consists of is moving blocks of memory back and forth - the trick is to know which part of memory to move, and where to move it!

Advertisement
The cards used in Solitaire, FreeCell ... are in cards.dll (in your system32 directory).

You can use it as a resource file for your application, since you are guaranteed it will (nearly) always be there

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!