• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BobS0327

Nehe tutorials from 26 thru 38

This topic is 6112 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anybody know where I can get Nehe tutorials 26 thru 28 in a format of a black text on a white background? The PDF and ZIP files on the Nehe site have all the tutorials in white on a black background. This gets real ugly when you want a hardcopy of the tutorial for a handy reference. It uses a lot of laser printer toner. I have the first 25 tutorials on the Nehe CD which are in Word format using the black on white background format. Thanx for any assistance offered. Bob S

Advertisement
Last time I printed, internet explorer automatically reversed the background of the tutorials... although it chopped off some words on the side it seems to work ok. I didnt change anything, just loaded nehes tutorial and clicked print.

I get asked about this quite a bit... the truth is, I don''t have time to make a printable version of each page. It would take way too much time, and time is not something I have alot of.

The solution however is very simple. In both IE and Netscape you can select your own page colors. Select black text and a white background and print. It''s that easy.

I have played around with java-script code to toggle the color automatically and it works to an extent, but my graphics are not transparent, so you get a boxy black / blue border, which looks god awful. If someone wants to convert the border graphics to transparent .png or .gif files for me, I''ll add the code.

Or if someone has an easier way, let me know.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!