Download my first game!!

Started by
24 comments, last by Kiroke 22 years, 1 month ago
Hi! I just completed my pong game and my website. I'd be glad if you guys out there could try out the game in the demo section and tell me if it runs well on your PC. I've tried it on 5 PCs so far and one did not render well. Keep in mind this is my first game though, and that I'm half past all the beginner's reading (Nehe tuts and game programming book). Please send me comments if you see anything wrong in the game. And finally, you can also send me comments about my website. This is my first one and I hope you guys can tell me if there is big mistakes in it. http://geocities.com/kiroke2/ Thank you all! Kiroke Edited by - kiroke on February 23, 2002 12:54:48 AM
Kirokewww.geocities.com/kiroke2
Advertisement
How about an address?
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
LOL sorry here you go
http://geocities.com/kiroke2/
Hmmm, didn''t work on my system (crashed)

System Specs:

Intel Pentium 3
Riva TNT 2 accelerator graphics card
256 MB RAM

Here''s my specs:
* 266 MHz
* 128Mb RAM
* No 3D Video Card

Here''s the problems I had:
* Ran at about 1fps
* Controls didn''t respond
* The fire bitmap also had a twin in the lower-righthand
corner of my screen.

Here''s constructive advice on user-friendliness:
* Put the bitmaps in the data directory before you archive
it, so the player can just unzip it and play
* Might want to call it ''Kiroke''s Breakout'' as opposed to
''Kiroke''s Pong''

Otherwise, it looked like a well done game. Most people don''t ever bother to finish their first game. You''ve done more than most people ever do.

The Website is wonderful for a first website (Actually it''s pretty good for a 10th website) but you might want to worry about graphic size. (GIFs are a good way to go for things taht don''t use ''real life'' colors, like logos and such)
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
Thx alot for your reply... I''ll change the game name:-) and I know it sounds crazy, but I''m really trying to archive the Data folder... well I''ll try harder it must be somthing in the options that I unchecked before.

About the game, well i dont really know what to optimize. I''ll look for a good software that could tell me where the program is spending all his time.

Kiroke
I didn''t try the game, but I saw your web sight . The intro screen is way cool. How did you do that smearing effect?

--------------------------
Death from the shadows.
--------------------------Death from the shadows.
Crashes on startup...

Athlon 1.43, 512MB, GF3.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
The intro effect is from a tutorial i discovered 2 years ago... I only had the photoshop script I had made left. I really dont remember anything about the tutorial beside that it wasnt on a big photoshop website but rather on a private page.

Well the technique is pretty simple : you create your text, copy it in another layer, put motion blur on that layer vertically. Then you create another layer and apply the motion blur horizontally. You can also fade out the original text if you want your image to be less visible.

Kiroke

ps : it seems that i have exceeded my data transfer...that problem will be solved in about an hour :-)
Hey neat game! one suggestion:
- speed up the paddle and the ball... its really quite slow!

And for those who complain about it crashing. You need to extract the game first then make sure the directory structure is right... I dont know but thats what i had todo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement