Download my first game!!

Started by
24 comments, last by Kiroke 22 years, 1 month ago
quote:Original post by DarkHunter
actually, i have been having this problem alot. My demos, and openGL projects have been running slow...does anybody konw the problem i am having?

It might be old drivers... Maybe a driver update will do the trick? If you have old drivers the new OpenGL version may not be supported, resulting in exactly your problems. My brother had a Pentium III 800 Mhz with a GeForce 2 and 256 mb ram and he got less than half the framerates I got while my computer had only 1000 points on 3DMark benchmark and his got 3000!!! When he updated his drivers everything ran fine, or actually ULTRA FAST

It mattered so much because he has Windows XP, which did not include OpenGL driver compatibility... updating your video drivers really is a must there. You said you have another windows version, but it can still be the drivers if they are really old...

''Qui habet aures audiendi audiat'' - Me

A link to the website of my 3D engine will follow as soon as I have something concrete to show... Which will be soon.
Advertisement
I''ve taken out the welcome text so the game should run alot faster now...

have fun!

Kiroke
Kirokewww.geocities.com/kiroke2
hello, i''ve tried your demo, and i had some strange problems..

the whole screen flickered, and lots of parts of the frame buffer were kinda like in the wrong position (??) think this must be my video card (Quadro) ...

p.s.: the "you are dead" screen was ok everytime :-)
It initialised, didn´t worked...
I have a Voodoo 3, pentium II 233Hz, 160Mg RAM. It was drawing something on the screen, I just can''t tell what it is. It looks as if the only some lines of the graphics were been drawed at the screen.
PS. Nice web page
Interesting project

Runs extremely slow with alot of graphically glitches on my machine.

Amd 1.1ghz
512mb
WinXP
3dfx v5500

also...
on exit i went to a fullscreen w/ all white. needed to do a full reboot. i half expect my problems are from a hacked set of opengl drivers for my voodoo 5500 agp

Edited by - DaWookie on February 26, 2002 4:09:26 PM
I tried it, but it ran slowly and flickered like crazy...

---
"No game will ever rule more than CBT!" - stoof
Visit Da Shovvkejs.
---Mikael Lax

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement