What. The. HELL?

Started by
23 comments, last by Zorodius 22 years, 1 month ago
Have you declared exampleSprite as a type (of class) Sprite ?

Metrowerks is very poor (my opinion), Try DevC it seems to be a popular choice round here.

,Jay
Advertisement
What it sounds like to me is that the change in code causes the memory values to change, which ends up setting an uninitlized varible to be right sometimes, and not right othertimes.

So, where''s the uninitialized varible..? The only one I see is in InitDefaultWindowClass, you never initialize wc->lpszMenuName, nor do I see anything clearing the entire structure or otherwise indicating it''s set to NULL or some proper value...so that varible not being initialized is my guess.
All of you are wrong! The code is an ancient satanic ritual...
quote:All of you are wrong! The code is an ancient satanic ritual...

Close! I''m attempting to resurrect the ancient Babylonian God of Chaos to wreak untold havoc and suffering upon those unfortunate enough to be imprisoned in this mortal plane.

However, that''s not it.

quote:The only one I see is in InitDefaultWindowClass, you never initialize wc->lpszMenuName

Crow tastes like chicken

You''re right, that was the problem. Today, I have learned a valuable lesson in respect for the importance of all the fields of the mighty WNDCLASS.

I really had no idea. I just assumed that, because the problem was so repeatable and could be changed by things totally unrelated to the code itself, it wasn''t caused by anything like that. But it was, and it makes sense now.
You don't need to vote for the "lesser of two evils"! Learn about Instant Runoff Voting, the simple cure for a broken democracy!
You might want to give MSVC another look. I''m using visual studio.NET and have used visual studio 6, and I have to say that the development environments are unmatched in quality. The compiler proper is pretty decent, although there are some conformance issues. You can always plug in the intel compiler though.

Plus, MSVC is the industry standard for windows programming, so you get good experience for a later job too =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement