• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-File & Animation

This topic is 5902 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anybody please help me. I have created a basic animation in 3DStudio Max 3 of a torus that shrinks & expand and while doing this its material undergoes a offset sufficient for looping...But thats not the point. I want to load this in one of my programs, but I''m having some trouble. I tried exporting it to a 3DS File but when I opened the 3DS file in MAX it didn''t contain any animation. And the only way I can get to convert this to an X-File is via a 3DS file. Can anybody please help me to get this animation loaded? And another thing...Does X-File animations have anything to do with skinned meshes? What exactly is skinned meshes? idx.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
I got the same problem, converting my .max into .3ds into .x file. If you go to Directx sdk site, you''ll find they got an exporter for 3ds max into .x file (by pass 3ds).

I discovered the plugin, but strange enough, i still don''t get an animation when i load the .X file...

Can Anybody please give me ANY suggestion on how i can make a simple object keyframed animation with .X files! Please!

idx

I got the plugin from www.3dcafe.com under free stuff and plugins, Its pretty good, and when you do an export it has options for exporting textures (coord Info) materials and animation (if you want to include the keyframe info)

Im not familiar (yet) with the way DirectX handles animation, I think its not as easy as loading the x file into a D3DXMesh object and just drawing it, I think I saw somewhere that you need to provide keyframe info as well.

• Advertisement