Dlls refusing to call other dlls?!?

Started by
1 comment, last by Aphelion 22 years, 1 month ago
Right then, this is just annoying. I have two dll's: Renderer - contains OGL / D3D rendering functions Game - plugin dll, contains game files Now Renderer.dll is loosely based off of the example in the article "Striving for Graphics API Independance(Independence)", so you can look at that to get an idea of what the renderer looks like. Now Game.dll is just a normal dll, however, here is where the problem is: everytime Game.dll makes a call to a function in Renderer.dll, there is an Illegal Error, stuff catastrophically fails and it's not pretty. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks, -Jesse Edited by - Aphelion on February 24, 2002 2:19:32 PM
| The Hitchhiker''s Guide to Programming |"That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die."-H.P. Lovecraft
Advertisement
Hey, This error happends alot. Can you be alittle more spicific on what is happening, and where it starts to get an error? First thing, if it is a dll (opposed to being a static lib) do you call LoadLibrary to load it? or do you use a lib, and have it "native" to your code? any details would help in trying to solve the problem
Make sure all your headers are up to date. What I mean is, if you have one project folder for the engine and one for the game (which uses the engine lib file and the dlls), make sure the headers you use to build the game with are exactly the same as the ones you built the engine, and the dlls with.

I hope that made some sense

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement