• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edotorpedo

Quadtree: when to enable quadrant ??

This topic is 5986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This question is for someone with knowledge of quadtree terrain rendering. Say I have the vertices of the N-E quadrant enabled, like this: 1 3 |---|---| |\ | /| | \ | / | | \|/__| 2 | / \ | | / \ | |/_____\| When do I decide to subdivide the N-E quadrant Is it at this stage ? I didn''t thougth so, because the center vertex of the NE quadrant isn''t enabled. At this level do I first need to check the N-E quadrant if it needs subdivision by testing the edge vertex between 1 and 3. Or do I subdivide the N-E now without enabling the center vertex of the N-E quadrant ? Hope this question makes sense Edo

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Ok picture is a little screwed up (no spaces)

What I meant was this (points in blank spots):

|---|---|
|\..|. /|
|.\.|./.|
|..\|/__|.2
|../.\..|
|./...\.|
|/_____\|

Ok picture is a little screwed up (no spaces)

What I meant was this (points in blank spots):

|---|---|
|\..|../|
|.\.|./.|
|..\|/__|.2
|../.\..|
|./...\.|
|/_____\|

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!