• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VisualB4BigD

Help with 3D artwork

This topic is 5965 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I need someone to make low polygon models for my new game, I have already made the game in 2D but I need someone to help me translate the artwork into 3D. I am not the best modeler so I need some help. Here is the sample image of my 2D game Dylan, Let's show the world something Edit: Bad Image Edited by - VisualB4BigD on February 24, 2002 7:23:48 PM

Advertisement
sorry, i can''t help with art in any way... is your 2D version of the game available for download? it looks gory, i''m curious about it...

Well that''s the trouble. I could pack it up for you but. With all of the blood. and only using the windows API. It bogs down terribly. So that''s why I am rewriting it in Direct3D. Get back with me. I will keep you updated

Dylan, Let''s show the world something

you can use DirectDraw (DX7) or D3D for 2D sprites (DX8) and then use the same graphics. the only reason i mention this is because 3D is very different from 2D, and if you only want to make a faster version of the same game it''ll take you less time and effort.
either way, good luck.

Yeah I did make a DirectDraw 7 game. But I just like the extra features that DX8 Gives me. especially when I have the truevision engine. I can use particles, real-time lighting effects. Landscapes. And I after I have the models done I don''t have to do any redrawing for each animation frame. I also want to be able to tear the little men apart and make it look extreamly real, but also really cartoony. It should turn out great

Dylan, Let''s show the world something

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!