Would this be a fun and innovative magic system?

Started by
5 comments, last by SonShadowCat 22 years, 1 month ago
ok this is what i was thinking of: You would have the ability to create your own spells but in order to do so you need to find special runes(water, fire, ice, wind, etc). The more runes of a certain type you use to create a spell the more powerfull it becomes You could also create combined spells( like fire poison, or ice paralization) but in order to do so you would need to find scrolls that teach to to incorporate these things into your spells Also, there would be a way to increase an existing spells power by using it. The more you use it, the more powerfull it *could* become. There would be no mana, instead spells would affect your well being and/or stamina. Fire spells would hurt you since you might get burned and wind spells might make you a little more tired There would be spells to increase your well being and stamina and they would not hurt your hp or stamina much if not at all If your stamina is too low you would be unable to cast spells and you would die(duh) so it would be important to keep an eye on your stamina/hp so you would know when to use a regen spell plz feel free to post any critisizim( i spelled it wrong -.-) and more things that would go well with this ty "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC the Super Saiyan Cat Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
--------------------------------- "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC Oh the possibilities!!Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
Advertisement
well if i kept losing stamina and dying from casting spells i''d probably quit.

what if you were running around (takes away stamina) and then a monster approaches? blast it and die or sit and wait (waiting = bad) for your stamina to increase?

hmm... if i combined a few mushrooms, herbs, and the wind spell would i make trippy gas?
I could be wrong, but I believe for the most part thats already been done, but yea I think you can make a fun game out of it.
Make a technical implementation and see...

The stamina system could be cumbersome as our APs have mentioned. Don''t drop mana right off the bat, changing the name doesn''t really change what it is.

George D. Filiotis
Are you in support of the ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide? You should be!
Geordi
George D. Filiotis
You know, Arcanum uses stamina (fatigue) instead of mana. If you cast too many spells, you simply pass out from exhaustion (which is pretty close to dying, since then the enemies will beat the crap out of you).

------------------------------
Omnipotent_Q
"Natural Gas! It gives you... ideas!"
------------------------------Omnipotent_Q"Poor people are crazy. I'm eccentric."
but you see in my system you can make a spell that will restore your hp and/or stamina

"Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC the Super Saiyan Cat

Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
--------------------------------- "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC Oh the possibilities!!Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
quote:Original post by SonShadowCat
but you see in my system you can make a spell that will restore your hp and/or stamina

So you can cast spells forever, without ever actually running out of stamina. Why bother having a stamina cost if you can simply generate more stamina. That''s like being able to buy $20 for $10.
You are not the one beautiful and unique snowflake who, unlike the rest of us, doesn't have to go through the tedious and difficult process of science in order to establish the truth. You're as foolable as anyone else. And since you have taken no precautions to avoid fooling yourself, the self-evident fact that countless millions of humans before you have also fooled themselves leads me to the parsimonious belief that you have too.--Daniel Rutter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement