• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to access other classes in Borland C++ Builder?

This topic is 5839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am fairly new to C++ and even newer to Borland C++ Builder (BCB). I am however some what experienced in OOP in Java. The convention in Java is to write each class as a seperate .java file. I would assume that this is the case in C++, however whenever I try to create a new instance of a class (user defined) that resides in another .cpp file, I get an ‘Undefined Symbol’ error. I am sure it is just the way I am using BCB. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
You need to #include the header file containing the class definition for the class you want to use. I believe BCB even has a menu shortcut for this - File->Include Unit Header

The world holds two classes of men -- intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence. Abu''l-Ala-Al-Ma''arri (973-1057; Syrian poet)

Thanks, I had assumed that the following line was sufficient. As it had bee in serted by BCB.

USEUNIT("Unit1.cpp");

Thanks again.

quote:
Original post by Andrew Nguyen
#INCLUDE "foo.cpp"

Try making the included file a .h file unless you put a main() func in it.

The world holds two classes of men -- intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence. Abu''l-Ala-Al-Ma''arri (973-1057; Syrian poet)

• Advertisement