Problems storing this in GWL_USERDATA

Started by
14 comments, last by xDS4Lx 22 years, 1 month ago
Tell you what, I''ll just send you some working code and let you go from there. Perhaps you''ll be able to find the difference between mine and yours. I''ll also send you an article I''ve written (it''s about 5 weeks from being posted here) about the technique (I should put it on my homepage - when I get my homepage up).

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Advertisement
Ok, thanks, you can send to the email on my profile, or xds4lx@hotmail.com
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
I sent it to the one you flamed me with. I believe xDS4Lx@excite.com.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
now i feel bad, sorry bout the flame It was nothing personal, just a lot of stress this week. First my gf of a year dumps me b/c she got diagnosed w/ cancer, second i get my credit card stolen, third my car died. what a great week
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
quote:Original post by xDS4Lx
now i feel bad, sorry bout the flame It was nothing personal, just a lot of stress this week. First my gf of a year dumps me b/c she got diagnosed w/ cancer, second i get my credit card stolen, third my car died. what a great week

Damn!

Don''t worry about it, though. I never take flames personally - especially those online. I''ve had some major flamewars on this site and ended up with respect for the opponent (see krez). Just glad I could make your life a bit easier.

Thanx man good read! I dont know why, but I called SetLastError(0) right before calling SetWindowLong and now all of a sudden it works. Makes me wonder about what's really going on inside of windows b/c i dont see that in anyone else's code. The reason I know it works is b/c I put the WM_CLOSE and WM_DESTROY messages into my virtual window proc and had it output a message right before destroying the window and it sure does, but when I try to debug my program it always has GetWindowLong return null, is this just b/c I cant debug into the static WndProc?

Edited by - xds4lx on February 25, 2002 10:05:45 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement