• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Way to make Textures?

This topic is 5900 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im using 3dsmax4 to make my models. I was wondering how do u guys make your textures? Photoshop or PaintShop pro or coral draw? and if u got any tips for making textures tell me thxs

Advertisement
The fastest (but not the best) way is to gather lots of images from the inet... then startup your photoeditor (whichever one you prefer) and make fit your needs... (note that you shouldn''t rip graphics everywhere... just use textures that are FREE)

At least that is the way I do it, but I am not an artist

Email: e.j.folkertsma@student.utwente.nl

I found out Photoshop is A LOT better for making your own textures than Paint Shop Pro... I have PSP for 2 years now, always the latest version. I downloaded Photoshop 6 a month ago, and after a day I created a great!!!!!!!! grass texture (in my opinion heheh ) although I never succeeded in making a good texture with PSP...

''Qui habet aures audiendi audiat'' - Me

A link to the website of my 3D engine will follow as soon as I have something concrete to show... Which will be soon.

I forgot to mention another pro of Photoshop is that there are A LOT of tutorials about it on the internet... while there are only so few of PSP

''Qui habet aures audiendi audiat'' - Me

A link to the website of my 3D engine will follow as soon as I have something concrete to show... Which will be soon.

quote:
Original post by evilclown
Maybe the gimp will work.(It's free)

The GIMP is outstanding for this. There are also detailed tutorials for texture creation on the GIMP web site. Can't use the GIMP on windows XP though(at least I haven't been able to get it to work). GIMP

GRELLIN
Don't sit and complain about a program, make a better one or shut up!

Edited by - grellin on February 27, 2002 8:43:32 AM

Corel comes with an awesome texture creation program.
It can do anything and everything.
But it''s really all a matter of personal preference.

For fast texture generation I found that corel''s photopaint had a really easy and nice texture generation filter.

However Photoshop is my tool of choice. Once you figure out all the tricks of the tools you can create any effect effect you want. Of course photographic tiles often are part of the better textures.

I''d suggest checking around on graphic tutorials (often on ps) for effects and such.

Also there are large libs of textures available on the web for both $$$ and free.

• Advertisement