• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exellon

Mpeg3 Specification

This topic is 5962 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hehehe. I know this is crazy, but I''m going to write an MP3 loader library for my games completely from scratch But first I need to find the MP3 specs and I guess some articles on the subject. If you want to tell me I''m crazy then I''ll tell myself for you. I''m crazy.

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Exellon
Hehehe. I know this is crazy, but I''m going to write an MP3 loader library for my games completely from scratch But first I need to find the MP3 specs and I guess some articles on the subject. If you want to tell me I''m crazy then I''ll tell myself for you.

Well, it''s not crazy, it is normal. Wanting a custom library instead of a proprietary tool you have no control on, it''s not crazy, I tell you

unfortunately, with mp3, you need to buy a license, even if your game is free, in-house, etc.

The mp3 standard is not something that can be obtained as easily as, like, the AIFF or WAV standards.

If it''s mp3, you''re better to use a proprietary or an open source (if that exist) library.

Else, the .ogg format would do the job perfectly.
You''ll need to convert your mp3s to this format, though.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!